“Well,” said Pooh, “what I like best,” and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn’t know what it was called.”
― A. A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
When I was working planning a trip was stressful. There rarely seemed to be enough time to get it all together.
Now…I’m still a 5-star procrastinator. I’m sure there will be last-minute running around doing all those things I should have done much earlier.
The difference is I now have time to think about all the things I’m looking forward to seeing and doing.
In no particular order, I’m sharing my very short and simple list for our upcoming trip:
- Sleeping with the windows open.
- Wearing long-sleeve shirts and being chilly.
- Waking up to the sound of the river right outside my door.
- Fly fishermen.
- Seeing mountains and pine trees.
- The sound of wind through aspen trees.
- Canyons with switch back roads.
- Walking the dogs down the country road with little or no traffic.
- Big Horn Sheep.
- Afternoon beers around the picnic table.
- Conversations with old friends.